Friday, June 18, 2010

Daddy's Right

I am a daddy's girl. I love him with all of my heart. I wish that I had had him my entire life, maybe I would not be the wreck that I am. My momma married him when I was 16 and I am so glad. He is the greatest. My biggest cheerleader, defender and voice of sanity.

On the Professor front things have been quiet. We speak after church but that is the bulk of our contact. Because it was the end of the school year and I had sooo much to do I was okay with that. But somehow I got on the subject of the Professor with my dad and he laid some science on me. **LOL, just thinking of my daddy "laying science" on anybody is funny!**

We were talking about the fact that my kids are going to be with their dad on the Fourth and I wanted to find something good to do. I mentioned that I needed to get out more because my friends don't find walking around downtown that interesting and that I needed a new bunch of friends. I told him that the only person I could really hang out with is the Professor's sister Dee. She is kinda wild, but not too wild. When we go out, we are up for almost anything.. scary biker clubs, scary Jamaican clubs, Blues concerts... anything. I likened our friendship to mine with her brother. They have the same sense of humor and I love to laugh.

My dad said then why do I insist on pursuing a romantic relationship with the Professor? Why can't we just be friends? With all that I had told my dad about P's obvious affection for me, he said that P may not be ready for many reasons to have a relationship, but that did not mean that he did not like me or care deeply for me. My smart, cute, funny daddy told me to chill on the relationship and just be the man's friend. He said that the Professor may NOT be the ONE, but a prelude to the ONE.

So, I am gonna listen to my daddy. I know that this man is into me, but maybe he is not mature enough for a relationship or he is just taking some time to work on him. I don't know, but I do think that my daddy is right. Imma just chill!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment