Friday, June 18, 2010

Photoshop: the devil's work or a blessing from God!

Last night as I was in the throes of another insomnia bout, I came across this website that advertises the work of a photoshop artist. I guess I can say artist? Anyway, on the front page of his site there is a picture of Mary J Blige that he supposedly worked on, so I guess he is reputable.

Well, I start clicking on the pictures in the gallery. They are amazing. Some of are regular people for weddings or album covers and they look amazing in the after shot. But once you roll over the picture with your mouse you will see that they are old and busted like everyone else! Even the models look ordinary! This is a- ma-zing!! I NEED photoshop in my everyday life. I wouldn't have to wash my face and comb my hair... just spray on PHOTOSHOP! This stuff can even comb your fly aways... good-googly-moogly!! I could walk around with my belly hanging out singin' "Dontcha' wish ur GF was HAWT like Meh!!!" I would have long flowing hair with out having to sit for hours as Diane sewed in the Remy. My stretch marks would be history. That little bit of cellulite would be smooth as silk.SESSY!!! I'd be so bad that I'd have to repent...

So, is Photoshop good or bad?

I thought about my girl EYES, and her foray into Match.com. There was one guy she posted a picture of and he had taco meat all on his chest... No, No, No, No, No!!! Epic, colossal, fail! If he had Photoshop he could have smoothed that Mr. Brown belly and taco meat right off. He could have looked like Shamar Moore. Yummy!

But, would that have been fair to her and the other ladies? She probably would have to wait for her chance to talk to him because he would have been so popular and if he didn't have PHOTOSHOP in the can, she would have been disappointed. Suicidal even. (the sads)

But you CAN buy Photoshop!!! I remember this being bundled with our first computer, back in '99 or something. I never gave it much thought and didn't use it, But NOW there is some really good stuff out there. I can get Student and Teacher Ed. of Photoshop for about $90! Man, I could do some work to some of my Facebook photos. You know the ones that other folk put up and tag you in. I could fix that sweat on my forehead at Tony's Fourth of July party, the frizzy mess that is my hair at Ashley's graduation party, the pizza that is my face in my 10th grade chorus concert. I can rewrite history!!! I can be sessy instead of just cute.

So I am torn, is Photoshop good or bad? I know all about the body image problem it causes for young girls... it does for me too, but it sure is nice!

I guess I will go back to crunches and walks to get my Pussycat Doll body, but if they ever, I mean E-veah make a Photoshop in the can, I will be the first one in line for that stuff....Dontcha', Dontcha'!!

thanks for the video: Sealy1986

1 comment:

  1. LOL. Actually that's not a bad idea. It would cause an uproar on the online dating scene because people would be even MORE suspicious of how you really look.

    You would the next Madame CJ Walker if you could pull it off! You know I am always thinking about business gurl, even though my blog says otherwise? *wink*

    :)

    ReplyDelete