Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A New Year, A New Game

I usually don't make resolutions for the new year. I feel that any changes I make can be done the day I think of them and I am always looking for ways and things to improve. But last night I decided to make some changes and they will happen to coincide with the New Year.

Our church is going on a 21 day fast. I am not that cranked about it, but I know that it will aid in my spiritual growth. So, I am stepping up my game for the Lord and it seems fitting to step up my game for myself. I have 2 wedding this spring to attend and I want to look my best. I have already started losing the 20 pounds that I want to have off by then. I would love to go for 30, but that may be pushing it! I am going to get back to walking the mile 3x per week and cardio 3x per week. Between the weather and Christmas break, I have not been on my game.

The new semester begins soon and I want to continue with the quality of work that I have been producing and improve. I also want to be able to give my kids more attention in their school work, and help my oldest find a job!!!

Also, in my personal life, the area that really started this rehash, there will be more changes. At our church business meeting, the guy that I like (boy, does that sound so middle school) was teasing me about something and a friend said that "He's doing that b/c he likes you". I said that if he likes me he needs to stop playing games like that with his 40 year old self!!! I am not playing games like that ANYMORE!!! If you want to be with me, you gotta come correct! Flirting and joking are fine, but I am not getting any younger, so come with something better than that.
Prince is a big source of confusion for me. I have not been actively seeking a man, but he keeps popping up on my radar. We have been to dinner a few times, been shopping, ran errands together, played golf, and gone to a wedding together. I have always had a good time even though he is kinda nerdy! I know that he is a good man but I don't want to play games anymore. It is what it is... are we going somewhere with this, or not. There is really no in between!
I think that I will look into Match.com or eHarmony this year. I want to start dating again and I cannot wait all day for him.

So that's it. I am not playing around this year, I am stepping it up... moving forward into my destiny, which is bigger than anyone can even imagine! Thank you Jesus!!!!!

Have a Happy New Year !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment