Sunday, April 4, 2010

my so called sassy life

I have not been posting a lot, so I have not shared too much of my life and what has brought me to this point. I may not be able to share too much because it is kinda painful. So here goes.

Well, I am the eldest child of an overachiever that got knocked up by an underachiever. Not olny dies that make me a child of divorce, but a conflicted one at that. Well that overachiever did not get to take advantage of the full State School scholarship, so she went to work at night after the divorce to support me and the little sister that came along. Since my mother was so young and in the big (not very) city the old folks back home insisted that we (me and the runt) come live with them so that we wouldn't be raped. (You know, in the big city) So we did. For 6 years I lived with the Grandma and the Old Grandma. I excelled in school, grew breasts, got my period and had my first boyfriend. Life was good. That was until I started sassing (hence the moniker) the Grandma. The Old Grandma had passed on a couple years before. She was the only one who could out sass me without using the back of her hand. So that meant that we needed to move back to the big city and I started middle school and living with the Mom. Major fireworks ensued. I too am an overachiever: Honor roll, National Honor Society, All County Chorus, Soprano Section Leader, Superior Standing in State Solo Competition, Outfielder Softball... the list goes on... but like I said, that underachiever/slacker mentality is in me too and that did not bode well with the Mom. Screaming, yelling, slamming doors, throwing stuff ... Not good. All of this info is a set up for things to come...

All in all we had a great life that got better when my mom remarried. She married a man that is not my dad but he IS my Dad! He is my champion against the Mom and the Runt. No matter what, he believes in me. I am truly a Daddy' Girl. (smile) A stepsister and brother also came with the deal.

So the underachiever part reared it's head again in my Senior year. I was madly in love with the devil and I persued him relentlessly, shamelessly until I got what I wanted. He was a year younger do I had a hard time leaving him to go away to college. I absolutely had to because the overachieving mom did not get to go to college, so she was living vicariously through me.

Whew, I think that this enough for now... This next part is where it gets kinda hairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment