Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

Hello all. I have been an awful Christian. I have been shopping all day with the Chreasters. You know, the folks who only go to church on Christmas and Easter. I had the best time though. I had lunch @ the Cheesecake Factory and shopped at JCPenney. I bought a killer outfit. I cannot wait to post a picture. Such fun! I know, it doesn't take much, does it?

But the reason for Sunday has nothing to do with chocolate and eggs. It has to do with what began today, 2000+ years ago. Our Savior was hung on the cross and died. But the story did not end there. He went down to sheol (Hades, place where souls went to await the Rapture) and fought the devil and He rose with all power in His hand. He has given us power over death. If we accept Christ as our Savior we don't have to fear death and where we will spend our eternity. I love You Jesus! Who would do that? If I had the power to come down off of that cross and strike my persecutors dead, I know I would! There is no doubt in my mind. I would go off like Carrie at the prom!! But Jesus didn't. He endured physical and mental anguish for hours and then went down to sheol to defeat the powers of evil and take His faithful to Heaven.

So on this Good Friday night take the time to thank Jesus for His sacrifice and begin to work on getting closer to Him. I know that I will!

Love and Peace and May God's Grace be with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment