Thursday, April 8, 2010

Lord, Help!

I am trying to do my homework tonight but I can't. I have something weighing heavy on my mind. Most would say that it is really none of my business, but I just cannot let it go. It is so unsettling and disturbing. I have wanted to have something real interesting to say on this blog, and I guess that this qualifies, but it is disturbing none the less.

My nephew D is the best young man. He is smart, ambitious, musically gifted, truly living for Christ and only 19 years old. I love him to death!! I want my boys to grow into as lovely as a young man as their cousin is. Where's the problem you ask? Well, he is secretly dating a 26 year old woman that attends our church. I know her well and I am NOT a fan. Because I know my nephew is strong in his convictions, I am certain that they are not having sex, but I know that if he is in a serious relationship that eventually he will be looking to get married. His parents married young and have had a successful marriage, so he will try to emulate their relationship. I am all for that, but not so soon. Since this young lady is a serial dater who is chomping at the bit to be married, talk will soon lead to this. My D is in his Sophomore year of college and desiring to be a psychologist. In order to make a better salary he wants to get his Master's soon after his undergrad. He also wants to make his mark on the music industry. He is very loving, funny and more mature than any other teenager that I have met. As you can see, he is a really great package for another young co-ed, not this old chick!!!

This girl is not that bright to me and she is kinda stuck up. She sometimes acts as if she is so holy and spiritual that she is heads and tails above most. She does the stereotypical long brown hair, light bright skin and big booty. I don't think that her face is all that, but her shape is banging. I want to be tight like her. Like I said before, she is a serial dater, and while there is nothing wrong with dating lots of guys and keeping your options open, she usually gets serious with a guy fast. She tells him from the jump that she is looking for a husband. I guess that at 26 your mind could be there, but she had this mentality at 21. I bet that there have been 10 guys that she brought to church that were going to be her future hubby. Since one of our former church members got hitched and had a precious baby boy T has been salivating. She even got "engaged" to a fiiione dude last year. He was a good guy, worked two jobs, believed in having a small of a debt as possible and he was her age. I thought that they were the cutest couple. Yes, he was a little boring but with him you know that the paycheck will come home and that he will be where he says he will be. I mean, what is there to ask for. Anyway they were "engaged" because she was pushing for marriage, he kinda just went along for the ride. When he stalled on buying the ring she confronted him and he admitted that he was not ready to get married, but he still loved her. She broke it off, called him a liar, told anyone who would listen that he led her on. It was a big mess. He still tried to pursue her, but she wasn't having it. At about this time my nephew D broke up with his high school gf and this is when the two of them began to bond over their broken hearts.

Jump to eight months later, and they are seeing each other on the DL. Their parents are aware of their feelings and are trying to get them to stop and think about what they are doing, but my nephew says that he is letting God do this and that this is God's will. I ain't so sure!!!!

What I cannot understand is what she a 26 year old woman would want with this 19 year old boy. I know that I still see him as my Little Bean, but my God, what is wrong with this girl. I just found out about this by looking at pictures on Facebook. When I talked to him last night he said that they are surprised that it took this long for me to figure it out.

I know that I do not have any say in his life, but I am still messed up about it. I guess that I worry about this happening to my kids one day. One day soon I will not be able to have a say in their lives and relationships.

So, what do you readers have to say about this? Am I overreacting?

SassyMe ;)

2 comments:

  1. Well does he know her track record? I wonder if he is just fascinated with the fact that she is older? He can go ahead and date her but u should see where his hEad is at on marriage. U know where hers is. Most college kids with goals ain't trying to be hitched?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He knows her track record, but he doesn't care. BUT there have been some things going on this weekend that may cause some changes in their relationship. Time shall see, but I am going through some changes with my 16 year old that need more of my time... He is trippin, trying to to stay out past his curfew.
    Also, I have decided to become an investigative reporter... see my next post!!!

    ReplyDelete