Friday, April 23, 2010

Workin' with a Ni**a

Short post before work this fine Friday morning...

I am 36 years old, I have two teenagers from my 10 year marriage. I have been single for 6 years. I want to date and get back out there. I have really been focusing on the Lord, my boys and going back to school. I know I have been gone from the game a few minutes, but at my age am I STILL expected to work with a ni**a?
I mean, at this point, shouldn't he have his stuff together? I have given up on finding a 36+ man without kids, but shouldn't you have a full time job, with benefits and a retirement plan? I did not say a 401K b/c I don't have one, I have a retirement plan with my employer though. I'd like a man who is working on purchasing a home, if he doesn't already have one.

Go to church, read some books, be over trying to be Diddy. This is North Carolina for Pete's sake!! There will be no White Parties here. I don't want to roll on 22's and not have a nice place to live. Have your stuff together before you step to me!! I have already tried to raise another woman's son. NOT gonna do it again! If you are 36-40 years old you should know how to take care of your self. As your woman, I might wash your clothes, cook for you and run errands for you. But don't expect it! If you are lucky enough to marry me, then you'll get the full service treatment!

As you can tell, I have become frustrated with the dating scene. Am I wrong to want a man that is ready for me? I have waited long enough, getting my self right, to work with a Ni**A! Am I wrong?

Y'all help me out!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wooo! I was mad this morning! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel u. U don't have to unless u wanna. Heck I think I'm gonna start dating more young ones so at leAst they have an excuse for still working a plan? I have compromised a lot. U don't have to be rolling in dough as long as u don't ask for mine. Some dudes have all thosE things u mention and are cheap acting and like to wear it on their sleeves. It's not easy chick. U gotta work with all of them I think-- money or no money. They gotta work with us too I guess huh? I'm just gonna get me a youngin lol. Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened anyway before u posted this? Lol. Guys at church messin with u?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep the guys are trippin and so are my other single friends. They are willing to settle for whatever comes their way. That is NOT me. I have already been there and done that. I know that I won't find everything on my list, but at least be close. If I find a guy that meets most of my requirements he finds me too aggressive and demanding. He wants a sweet quiet chick to be on his arm. I am not that... Then the others who get my sense of humor and don't mind having a difference of opinion don't have the ambition and drive that I am looking for.

    The main thing that got me so riled up was when the married dude I used to talk to (loooong, awful, stupid mistake)called. He said a lot of stoopid stuff along with mentioning that the man for me would have to "tame" me and that I was alone not b/c of my high standards, but b/c I wouldn't work with a Ni**a. WHATEVER! I "work with" kids all day long, "work with" mine when I get home. I am not about the money,I want him not to want mine. Guys invite me on trips and to go shopping and then they want me to pay. WHAT!??!?! You invited me to VA for a dinner cruise and you are giving me and itemized break down of what it will cost us? NOT. I can stay home and eat pizza and watch the Love Boat!

    I guess I will continue to enjoy the single life... LOL

    ReplyDelete